Late last week the finalists in the BritMums Brilliance in Blogging Awards (BiBs) were announced. To my amazement, I have made it through to the finals in the family category, as sponsored by Reading Eggs.
The final decision is now in the hands of the judges and we’ll find out who takes the prize at the BiBs awards ceremony at BritMums Live on 19 June. In the meantime, I wanted to thank absolutely everyone that voted for me and got me on to the shortlists and then into the finals. I can’t stress enough, your support is really appreciated and I’ve been touched by the number of supportive messages I’ve received.
Needless to say I will be attending BritMums Live. This seems like a good ooportunity to tell you a bit more about myself by joining in with the I’m going to BritMums Live linky. Without further ado, here’s a little more about my blog and I;
• Name: John Adams
• Blog: https://dadbloguk.com
• Twitter: @dadbloguk
• Height: 1m80cm
• Hair: My wife tells me it’s salt and pepper.
• Eyes: Hypnotic
• Is this your first blogging conference? No, this will be my third year at BritMums Live. This is a big one for me as I am a finalist in the family category of the BiBs.
• Are you attending both days? Yes, I will be there both days.
• What are you most looking forward to at BritMums Live 2015? I am looking forward to catching up with various blogging friends. There are various sessions I’m really keen to attend such as the Advanced Google+, Building your YouTube channel and Social Media Optimisation sessions.
• What are you wearing? I haven’t decided yet, but I will have a beard on my face. Throughout June I’m participating in the Lullaby Trust’s #BeardforBabies campaign. Please do follow this link for more information. I’d be delighted if you would sponsor me but equally happy if you’d spread the word about safer sleep for babies.
• What do you hope to gain from BritMums Live 2015? I wish to return home with great ideas for improving my blog while also having made new friends and contacts in the blogging world. I won’t deny it, returning home with a BiB award would be marvellous, but making it to the finals with such a great bunch of bloggers is an award in itself.
• Do you have any tips to pass on to others who may not have been before? As I’m male, I’ll be wearing flat shoes and I’d recommend female attendees do the same! Secondly, don’t be shy of introducing yourself to people. Even regulars such as myself find themselves stood on their own and an introduction from another blogger is always welcomed. Also, be prepared for a busy time. It is like a two day crash course in blogging. The atmosphere is intense and you will be knackered by the end of the two days (tired but happy).