The ‘ME’ bit
Thanks for visiting my blog. My name is John Adams, a married father of two young girls, dad blogger and vlogger. I’m current holder of Vuelio’s Best UK Dad Blog award.
Here’s some background about my blog and I. In 2011 my wife and I took the decision I should give up my career in communications to run the household and look after the kids. It’s a role I fulfill to this day. That said, both my family and my blog have grown up and evolved. Strictly speaking, I am a stay at home dad, but with one child at school and my second set to start in September, I prefer to think of myself as a school run dad.
I started blogging about fatherhood and family life in 2012. I thoroughly enjoy blogging and it has opened many doors for me and enabled my family and I to have some truly amazing experiences. Highlights from my blogging career include:
- Interviewing Steve Carell about the film Despicable Me 3 and chatting to him about fatherhood
- Heading out to Australia not once, but twice to assist the Movember charity with an international project focused on men’s mental health
- Taking part in two panel discussions at the Women of the World festival in London about childcare responsibilities and gender roles in the family
<li>Meeting with the then Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg to talk about shared parental leave and flexible working.
Crazy facts about me; I am a licensed fork lift truck driver, once roadied for Ray Charles and, due to a quirk of my birth, very nearly ended up doing 10 months national service in the French armed forces.
The family bit
I am married to Gill, a full-time working mother. I have the two amazing children; Helen, who is eight years of age and four-year-old Elizabeth (known as Izzy, though don’t ask why!). We live in Surrey but Central London is a short hop, skip and a jump away.
Elizabeth attends pre-school a few mornings a week. Helen, meanwhile, is in Year Three at school. As a family we like spending time outside being active. At heart I’m a country boy, I don’t think children should spend their time indoors.
As a family, we don’t receive much support from other relatives because they all live so far away. Gill is a Scot so her family are 400 miles away while mine are in the Cotswolds, where I spent most of my childhood. We see them when we can, but it isn’t often enough.
I love spending quality time with the kids. Be it riding bikes, swimming, arts and crafts or snuggling down to watch a film. Time is the greatest gift you can give your children.
The bit about my blog and YouTube channel
As a man that fulfills most of the domestic duties, I have found myself dealing with all sorts of gender and equalities issues. I’m in demand as a media spokesperson, often commenting on fatherhood, parenting, equalities and lifestyle issues.
Over time my readership has grown. This has allowed me to diversify my blogging activities. I am increasingly active on my YouTube channel and thoroughly enjoy producing videos. In addition to writing and vlogging about parenting, you will also find me covering lifestyle subjects such as; motoring and cars, DIY, home improvement, men’s style and fashion, male grooming, photography and so on.
I’ve worked with many well-known brands including: Graco, Joie, IKEA, Robinson’s, Iceland Foods, Peugeot, Shell and Epson.
Highlights and accolades include:
- Current holder: Vuelio Best UK Dad blog Award
- No1 on the 2017 Vuelio Top UK Daddy Blogger list (No3 in 2016, No8 on Vuelio’s 2016 Top 10 Parenting Blog list)
- Winner: Gold Blog, 2017 Surrey Digital Awards
- Working with Johnson’s Baby to produce a video diary, viewed more than 600,000 times on YouTube
- Top 10 dad blogger, according to the Tots100 community
- Appearances in the Times newspaper plus live interviews with BBC Breakfast, Channel 4 television news and the Victoria Derbyshire Programme
- Finalist in both the 2016 and 2015 Brilliance in Blogging Awards
A quick message to SEO agencies and PR specialists
I am PR friendly. Please do get in touch. You will find my media kit here. Whatever project you have in mind, I’d be keen to hear from you!
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy my blog. Please do also visit my YouTube channel.